- Used with a stem to form the feminine singular past participle of regular -are verbs.
- Used to form verbal nouns, derived from regular -are verbs, expressing an instance of the action expressed by the verb.
- Used to form words, derived from nouns, meaning a period of time.
- Used to form words, derived from nouns, corresponding to -ful (as much as something will hold).
- Used to form words, derived from nouns, meaning a blow with the named object.
- Used to form nouns, derived from nouns with a negative connotation, expressing an action.
- Used to form collective nouns.
- (rare) Used as an intensifier.
Inherited from Latin -āta.